If you read our newsletters, you know that we have outgrown our current rental space for our church and language school and are currently building a new ministry center. If God wills we would like to move into the new building next June (2019), but that means A LOT of work to be done between now and then.
I was at the site this week and volunteer worker mentioned that sometimes they have to adjust the normal order of events based on which materials and skilled laborers are available at the time.
One of the men in our church (we call him Z.B.) has been graciously donating his free time to oversee the church building project. He just sent an update, and I want to share it with you so you get an idea of the situation.
- Guest workers will insulate the roof: 2 Americans in late June, 2 Americans in late July, and some Filipinos in late August.
- Roof: One of our Polish church members and a Filipino friend of our co-workers are finishing the roof.
- Two men from Ukraine will come soon and finish the peaks and build a chimney.
- Seven men from our church installed the first floor windows themselves last Saturday, thus saving over $800.
- Three men from our church have already started doing the electrical work.
- Two teens from our church will help set up the WiFi points.
So as you can see, our church people are doing all they can on this building. They and others are giving $acrificially. Men from around the world are donating time and skills for this work, and Z.B. has done a great job saving money wherever possible on both labor and materials.
We consider it our role to help with the fundraising. A big THANK YOU to those who have contributed. By God’s grace and with the help of His people this building is going up for His glory!
Lubin Church Building Project Update